Lucey Center blessed and dedicated on Feb. 13

Tue, 02/17/2009 (All day)

Feb. 16, 2009

MOBILE, Ala. – The campus community, trustees and friends of Spring Hill College gathered Feb. 13 for the blessing and dedication of the newly restored and renovated Rev. Gregory F. Lucey, S.J. Administration Center.

Alumni and friends made certain that Lucey’s vision for the college would be remembered in a special way. Nan Altmayer and John and Mary Lou Barter gave a substantial gift to the college with the understanding that they would share the right to name the restored Administration Building in honor of Lucey, in recognition of his achievements as president of the college over the last 12 years.

Renovation of the historic Administration Building began in early 2007. The project entailed a thorough restoration of the building, including replacement of the cupola, which was destroyed by the hurricane of 1916.

Photos from the Dedication ceremony on